So, you have a set of “best practices”? Your brand has resiliently created a well-designed life regime that’s so polished, so perfect and so …. boring (thumbs down). Consider these new rules to tackle 2017 with ease …
1. Watch People. Not Social Media – Some of the best stories show their colorful faces when you are simply mixed in a crowd. Take your time to notice the behavior and attitudes of the people around you. Social Media offers a faux view of reality …so, put the phone down.
2. Choose an omnichannel approach for your brand. – How #Apple has made every facet of its brand feel and look the same is like what you want to do for your brand. Although your website may be home base; try giving your brand an OMNI approach with brand consistency.
3. Say No. Like this …No. – Every brand isn’t for you to work with and every client doesn’t (or can’t) represent your business. Say No. If they’re sour…That’s their issue. Don’t overwhelm yourself, create more stress or give false hope in 2017…just decline and invest your time where it belongs.
4. Detox your ideas. - Keeping your iconic ideas inside are toxic to the creative process. How else are you going to create more room for even greater ideas if you are still holding on to the same ones from 2014? If you are where you need to be you’ll create something even better. There is no cap on creativity, no matter what your mind tells you and no matter who steals your ideas. (Because it DOES happen)
5. Remain AGILE- Marketing is constantly changing. Just like #Googles algorithms. Remain flexible and “Always Be Learning”. Taken from the sales acronym “ABC”– Always Be Closing. Which is still good to do simultaneously…right? Just #stayready – Lets do that.
Best Practices can always change. That’s the world of PR. #Innovation and #Strategy at best.